Empire State of Mind

My mom, aunt, and I definitely had an Empire State Of Mind as we headed to the Big Apple for New Years Eve! After visiting NYC for Spring Break a couple of years ago I definitely left a piece of my heart in this incredible city. It was so good to be back! I don’t think it would have been possible to do more sight seeing than we did in our short stay.

We started off our trip at the September 11th Memorial and Museum to pay our respects to those that suffered on this tragic day. It broke my heart when learning about the stories of both the survivors and those that passed.

There were two massive fountains that have the name of every person that passed on 9/11.

The new World Trade Center!

Our first night in the city we saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes! Even though this holiday had already passed it was still really exciting seeing this amazing show.


It was my first time going to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty up close! It was the perfect day for a photo op with Lady Liberty herself.


One of my favorite places in NYC is Chelsea Market. Every time I am there I feel like a real New Yorker shopping! It is so pretty inside and has some of my favorite local stores.


I went to the Empire State Building during the day and Top of the Rock at night to get both the day and nighttime view of New York. There are no words to describe the beauty of the city from the birds eye view!


Going to be a part of the Today Show was one of the highlights of the trip. We woke up bright and early to head to Rockefeller Plaza for the show. I had a huge sign that said, “Miss Teen International Loves Today.” I made it on air a few times, and I was so excited to be able to recognize the International Pageants on national television!


Central Park is one of the most interesting parts of New York. It is literally a big park smack in the middle of a ginormous city! It was so beautiful walking through and taking in the nature amidst the hustle and bustle!


Stay tuned in my next blog for more details about New Years Eve in Times Square for the ball drop!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts