Healthy Eating On the Run!

As the pageant draws nearer, I know a lot of you are becoming more strict on your diet and exercise regimen! Trust me, I was in your shoes not only last year, but the year before as well! With all of your appearances, the holidays, work and school or even raising a family for some of you Mrs. Contestants, it can be hard to meal prep in advance!

I wanted to share with you all some of the restaurants that I have been able to find healthy options at! I’m not sure if all of these restaurants will be in your area, but hopefully you can visit one when you don’t have time to make something healthy yourself!

My favorite restaurant is the Cheesecake Factory! I know I know, they have a reputation for huge caloric filled plates! But, they are trying to re vamp their reputation and have come out with “The Skinnylicious” Menu! Everything on the menu is under 590 Calories per meal! And, in true cheesecake factory style, the plates are still huge! I always have leftovers! My favorite things are, the Skinny chopped salad, Skinny Mexican tacos, and skinny artichokes!

I am also a huge fan of Bj’s restaurant; they have the most amazing Greek Chicken tacos on their “healthy menu”. The California Pizza Kitchen has a spicy chicken dish that is just chicken breast and roasted vegetables! The olive garden of course is famous for its salads, which I will get sans croutons and cheese. But they also have a new lighter fare menu, which includes chicken Abruzzi (kale and chicken) and a roasted garlic chicken!

You’ll start to see a common thread among all of these restaurants… and that’s chicken, I’ve never been a fan of fish or beef, but if you are, then go for it! These restaurants also have lighter meals for you too!

I have noticed at pretty much any restaurant, even if it is not on the menu, I can order chicken breast and vegetables. All restaurants have the ingredients on hand, and all it takes is for you to ask! Sometimes you have to get creative with your diet and mix it up so that you don’t get bored and cheat! It is very easy to let one meal become a weeks’ worth of cheat meals! I have been there!

I hope this helps those of you with very busy schedules!

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts