Queens Questions

2015 Contestants the Mrs. International pageant will be here before you know it, I am so excited for all of you! I have been receiving some questions from contestants and in fairness to all 2015 ladies competing wanted to share my responses to everyone. 

Keep in mind this is my opinion after working with an amazing International Pageants team last year in preparation for Mrs. International 2014 (see previous blog for who the team was). There is no secret recipe to winning Mrs. International, where each ingredient to being successful must be exactly the same….put your own touch on it and ALWAYS follow your heart.

Questions:

Q1. I have always played more of a silent part in my community and with the charity work that I am involved in. In order to be considered a 'desirable representative' for the Mrs. International system should I be looking to increase my public profile?

A1. It is always at your discretion what to share through social media for creating your public profile (aka Personal Brand). With that said, personally I am extremely proud to be a part of the International Pageant system family and that is something to celebrate for all to see AND experience! Social media is your first impression to everyone, and likely the first time judges get to “meet” you, if anyone looked at your “public profile” could they answer the following questions:

- Are you proud to a part of the International Pageant system?

- Are you working hard to bring visibility to your platform?

- What is your platform?

Now ask yourself this:

- What would you do as Mrs. International (or Miss International/Miss Teen International)? I would recommend asking yourself this question for every decision you make and in terms of what you post for your public profile.

You can be humble and helping with a visible profile.


Q2. My platform is a subject matter not ideal to discuss in front of young children. As much as I like my family involved in the charity work that I participate in I do try and shelter my young children. An issue that is extremely close to heart, but feel at their tender age they are just a little bit too young to be involved in such a topic/atmosphere. Do you feel, as a representative of the Mrs. International system, that not having my children participating in my events and programs is an essential 'set back' for me in regards to competing in this system?!

A2. Absolutely not. It is not a requirement to have children to be Mrs. International and vice versa. My platform happens to be one that lends itself to our children being involved . Fortunately my husband is supportive as well, the support makes it possible for our children to be at events IF it is appropriate for them. They do not attend all of my events, plus that would be pretty stressful…Getting 5 people appearance ready all the time would be quite the task☺

Q3. What is the importance of having a perfectly toned body?! Obviously this is a 'Mrs" pageant and it is understand that many women would have had children, etc and don't have the bodies they may have once had. I have always been one to side with the healthier options in life but would recommend I work harder on getting a 'competition' body?! I know some systems will deduct points if they feel an entrant is too muscular. Would this be the same for Mrs. International?!

A3. One of the most important things in fitness is how comfortable you are in your own skin. I certainly don’t have a perfect body after 3 kids as my innie from youth is now an outtie….but an outtie I am very proud of and would not change. Our official fitness partner is “Toned to Win”….it is not “Perfectly Toned Body to Win” ☺ Keep that in mind. What is the “perfect” body anyways, it is so subjective. ANY time you are on stage, a judge should be able to see YOU as an individual and your confidence, regardless of what you are wearing. Can they see the same confident person in the two piece spandex and the evening gown? Admittingly the first year competing for Mrs. International I tried to build up some muscle for fitness and ended up way too lean and bulky….this is a beauty pageant, not a muscle competition. I had it all backwards. Working with Toned To Win’s At Dunn and Chelsea Cooley Altman focused me in on filling out so I did not look like walking ribcages, being toned and feminine. My body type is naturally “muscular” and that is why I needed a customized fitness preparation plan that fit my needs because we are all so different. Last reminder, International Pageants official alliance is with the American Heart Association Go Red for Women which focuses on promoting a healthy lifestyle and if crowned, Mrs. International 2015 you would do work to help promote with the AHA Go Red for Women.

Q4. What is the importance on making 'guest appearances' at various social events during my time as I have always felt my time was better spent using my title for charitable events and programs rather than 'self promotion' . Should I be looking to attend more social events or remain doing as I am now and focusing my time on my platform and other charities?!

A4. International Pageants is a platform based beauty pageant, always keep that in mind and use your judgment when planning your schedule. If your platform will benefit through connections at the social event, then consider it, but most importantly, once again… follow your heart.

If anyone else would like to send questions, I am happy to answer them in a future blog and will of course generalize them so they are not contestant specific to who asked them as was done with this blog. I appreciate you connecting with us, we are here as family, International Pageants Family!!


Live What you Love,

Maggi
Your Mrs. International 2014

#GiveShoesGiveLove

Comments

Popular Posts