Dancer Nutrition

Skips breakfast, heads to school for eight hours, goes straight to dance for five hours, and doesn't get home until 9 PM most days. This is a very common scenario for dancers not just at my studio but around the world. One of the biggest obstacles these performers face is when and how does one eat healthy in the midst of this busy schedule?

Luckily, I had the opportunity to speak to some of my fellow dancers at Rock City Dance Center about nutrition! I was able to highlight the importance of eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, and I got to share some great meal and snack choices for dancers on the go. It is so important for athletes to fuel their bodies properly so they can perform to the best of their ability.



After my talk with the class, we had some fun in the ballet class! We had a mini photo shoot. There were definitely some “future Miss Teen Internationals” in the room. We had a great time!



Thank you to my fabulous ballet instructors, Mary Beth and Gracie, for having me to speak! I am very thankful for the two of you!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts