Platform Development

I have been receiving a lot of private emails asking for my help with platform development. In order to keep all of the information fair, I decided to do a blog about it for everyone to see and utilize.

I have previously posted a blog regarding how to choose a platform if you do not already have one. So, I am hoping by now that you all have a platform and are working very hard with it! Like I previously stated if you are going to compete at the national level, you will want to worth with an organization that had a national presence. You want to find a way to help on a national level. Whether it is serving on a board or committee, or even making speeches at important events that are out of state!

The judges are looking for the total package. They want a young lady who not only volunteers for her platform, but is a breath of fresh air. What are you specifically doing that is different than what the girl next to you is doing? How do you stand out? You should find ways to volunteer that can answer these questions. Whether it’s starting your own program within an existing charity, or even volunteering abroad.

Last year, we had girls who had published books, volunteered out of the country, and had spoken in front of congress! I’m not saying you need to do these things to win, they are just ideas on how to stand out and differentiate yourself from the other contestants! Feel free to email me more questions ladies, but know that The information I share will be available to all contestants out of fairness!

Ready to tell those judges what made me different!

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts