Arkansas International Pageants

Next stop for Mrs. International…the state of Arkansas!

I will be traveling to Arkansas later this week to attend the Arkansas International Pageants. I’m so excited to see what Bernee’ Thurow, the executive director, has in store for the show this year! I’ve heard she produces the MOST fabulous show and she ALWAYS has the most amazing queens! Just take a look at these three beauties!


Kohl, Christina & Molly

When I arrived at Mrs. International last July there were several ladies who I connected with immediately. Mrs. Arkansas, Christina Stengel (who is also known as my Kodak Queen) was one of the first ladies to capture my heart. I could see the love for her son Alex radiate from her face! She is truly dedicated to her mission and work for the March of Dimes. She has a magnetic personality and the biggest heart!

The week after I was crowned Mrs. International, I traveled back to Chicago and had the pleasure of watching Kohl and Molly compete in the Miss International & Miss Teen International Pageants (both placing 2nd runner up)!


Mrs. Arkansas with her adorable son, Alex


My friend, Christina, is the proud mother of a preemie. Alex was born 15 weeks early, weighing 1 pound 9 ounces. Alex is Christina’s “tiny miracle”. She has worked many hours to bring positive attention to Neonatal Intensive Care Units and reaches out to families who she easily relates to! Her mission as Mrs. Arkansas International she has accomplished by sharing her story in hopes of making others aware of the miracles that take place everyday. Just look at the photo of Alex and Christina above. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!



During the week of Mrs. International, Christina and I talked a lot about our little ones, her son Alex and of course, Miss Magic! We found that we had a common bond. Our inspiration to compete was linked to our “tiny miracles”! Even though our journey to motherhood was different, we shared many of the same trials along the way and now we are able to share with others our GREATEST love story…a story full of determination, persistence, love, hope, and never giving up on our tiny miracles!


With Christina at the 2010 Coronation Ball

Thank you Bernee’ for inviting me to be a special guest! I am truly honored.

If you have not had a chance to vote for your favorite contestant, you can vote on-line. Visit the website, 100% of the money raised goes to the scholarship program for Arkansas Seniors. http://www.arkansaspageants.com/

I will take tons of photos and will blog about my experience in the great state of Arkansas as soon as I return.

Until next post, remain blessed!


Shannon

Comments

Popular Posts