My First Published Work


I was asked to write a story for Insights Magazine, a nationally published and distributed magazine aimed at American children who enjoy outdoor sports and an active lifestyle. In writing the article, I worked closely with the editor of the magazine to construct a piece which highlighted all of my diverse roles, especially my roles as Miss Teen International and as a daughter, sister, and student. In the article, I also shared one of the parts of my role as daughter, target shooting at target ranges, a bonding activity which has brought my dad and I close throughout my teen years which has empowered me with the sense of responsibility and confidence I needed in order to succeed in pageantry, school, and other aspects of life.



They selected a candid photo, taken at DC Fashion Week this past September, of me in my crown, sash, and beautiful Sherri Hill cocktail dress, supplied by Joey Rutherford of the Competitive Image. As a college sophomore majoring in communications, it was really exciting to see my work printed in a national publication- I hope to be able to publish more of my writing soon!

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts