Easter Sunday

He is RISEN! I wanted to do something extra special for Easter Sunday since it was our first Easter in Washington, DC. Through my google skills, I found out about a Sunrise Easter Sunday Service at the Lincoln Memorial. Well, “sunrise” would usually deter me because I am not a fan of early mornings, but of course Easter is a very special occasion so I made an exception.

We arrived at about 6:15am to a huge crowd of people on the steps of the memorial, in folding chairs in front, and standing with their loved ones on the lawn all to be a part of this service together. It was so special to see the sun coming up by the Washington Monument in the distance while we sang songs about this happy day!! It was such a wonderful experience! I’m not going to pretend that I got up early enough to be “camera ready,” but I did take some pictures of what we experienced. The pictures of course don’t do it justice, but it was a wonderful way to celebrate our Lord!







I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with family & friends!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts