The National Cherry Blossom Festival


On Sunday, April 10th, I was invited to emcee the closing ceremonies of the National Cherry Blossom festival. This event was arranged by WKPR, the official PR agency for the International System. Did I mention, if you win nationals, you will have use of WKPR to coordinate events and appearances?




Denise and Zoe of WKPR do a fabulous job so when I reached out to them to say that I would like to have a Cherry Blossom Festival appearance they snapped into action and arranged everything for me.





It was fabulous and a beautiful spring like day in Washington, DC. Unfortunately, most of the cherry blossoms had come off of the trees from a storm several days before. My role was to announce performers and emcee the ceremonies at the Sylvan Theater which is at the foot of the Washington Monument.





Sometimes, we Washingtonians, take for granted the history and beauty of our city since we live and work here everyday.


Once again, I had to remove my crown and sash at the end in order to be able to make a getaway for a family dinner at my Grandmother’s house.




I was surrounded by tourists who had come from all over the world to witness this very event. They were so excited to have “Miss Teen International” in their presence and wanted to make sure that they got photos with me before returning to their countries.





It was a lot of fun and something I have always wanted to do. Thank you to the ladies at WKPR for making my dream become reality.


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts