Spring Break in Florida


One of the tremendous benefits of being Miss Teen International is, of course, the travel! I recently traveled to Bonita Springs, Florida for an appearance with the children of the YMCA. A local family hosted me and it was fabulous. I arranged the travel during my spring break so I could stay a few days for some much need rest and relaxation. I have had a crazy year- a 15 hour college course load, an internship with the American Heart Association, an average of 6-8 appearances a month as well as pledging a sorority- so the rest was welcome.


We stayed on the gulf in Barefoot Beach, an exclusive gated community in Bonita Springs. My roommate came down on Tuesday to visit for a couple of days. We had a relaxing time as we lounged at the private beach and poolside.




The house that we stayed in was fabulous. We had our own guest floor where every bedroom faced the gulf coast. One night we just watched movies in the lavish theater room. We also played a little bocce ball and most of all relaxed.




Our hosts were preparing for an annual bocce ball tournament where they host 300 guests.



We wish we could have stayed, but I had to return to town, as I am the confirmation sponsor for my younger sister Caroline and we had rehearsal on Saturday.



Our hosts graciously extended an invitation for a “Queen’s retreat” prior to the end of our reigns, so I am hoping we can coordinate all of our schedules to make that happen.


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts