Caroline's Confirmation


My sister, Caroline, made her confirmation this weekend. I was her sponsor and together we spent the last year preparing for this weekend. Unfortunately, the ceremony conflicted with the Pennsylvania International Pageant, so I was not able to attend this year.

It seems like just the other day that I was standing in this same church with my 8th grade class, being confirmed. It is a very important sacrament in my religion, where you officially become a member of the Church of your own free will. Each Confirmand (Confirmation Candidate) takes the name of a favorite Saint. Caroline chose the name Theresa, in memory of our Grandmother Mary Theresa McKee.


After the one and a half hour ceremony, we adjourned back to our house. We had about 45 guests (mostly family and close family friends) over for a celebratory dinner and cake. I am so proud of the young woman my sister Caroline has become. She is truly a remarkable young woman and an inspiration to me.

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts