"May I Have Your Autograph?"

The biggest adjustment to becoming a queen is absolutely the publicity. Everywhere you go, as soon as someone sees your crown or sash, you’re swarmed by people wanting pictures and autographs!

At first I remember thinking it was a little weird because I am a regular teenage girl after all! But after a while I got used to it and now I absolutely love it. It will always amaze me the joy on a child’s face when I simply walk into the room with my crown and sash on. I can be the highlight of their day! And that’s what I love the most.

There are still some moments when someone will ask me for my autograph and I think “You want my autograph?” It’s completely surreal.

Especially when you meet little girls who truly believe you’re a real princess! They can’t even believe that they’re meeting you and they’re so excited that they literally jump with joy.

Much love,

Haley Pontius 
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts