Mentoring

In my interview at Miss Teen International I was asked the question, “What teenage celebrity in today’s society is a role model for other teens out there?” I told the judge that I couldn't think of one because most are setting a bad example, and this is why I think pageant contestants can have such a strong influence on others.

International Pageant queens are looked up to by so many people out there, especially children. This is not a responsibility that we should take lightly!! We should use these opportunities to pour positivity, strong morals, and examples of good behavior into those that look up to us.

Ever since I was little, my dad has taken me and my sisters to a Father Daughter Dance at the Country Club of Little Rock that is held on Valentine’s Day weekend. Most girls stop going to the dance before their teenage years, but we decided to change that norm. My family and our friends have been going for 14 years now!

The only people that enjoy our attendance more than us are the little girls that also come. They get excited to see us every year and always want to dance with us. It is a great opportunity to be a mentor to them and set a good example!



Helping lead the conga line!



Use every opportunity you have as a titleholder to be an excellent role model to those that look up to you. We need more “good celebrities” in our world!!!!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts