Your Competition

As the pageant gets closer, you are going to start noticing new photos of contestants on the national websites! You will also most likely be friends with them on your social media accounts. I encourage all of you to connect and support each other before, during and after the pageant, I also want you to remember not to get discouraged by what other contestants are doing.

Each and every one of you is unique and was chosen to represent your title for a reason! If every single girl was doing the same things, or looked exactly the same, what would separate you? Every single girl is going to bring something different and unique to the table. The time you spend doing “research” on your fellow contestants could be spent on promoting your platform, the American Heart Association, or the International Pageant system.

I believe I am a perfect example of letting things get into your head a ruining your success. As most of you are aware, I was a returning contestant, I competed in 2013 as well as 2014! My first time competing I spent HOURS looking at the other ladies pictures and social media feeds. It was poison to my success. When I should have been proud and confident, I was insecure and nervous because I let myself be intimated by my fellow contestants. All of that time that I spent worrying, should have been spent building my platform and my brand.

Thankfully, I learned not to let what other girls are doing get to me the second time around. Want to know my secret? I WORKED SO HARD ON MY PLATFORM that I didn’t have time to worry about anyone else’s. The fact that you can control how strong your platform and interview is needs to resonate in your mind. Once you realize how important it is to continuously be focusing on your goals, you will automatically have blinders on to what anyone else is doing.

I posted this on facebook during pageant week!

During pageant week it may be a little harder to not get “intimidated” by all of the beautiful women, even if you are the most confident woman in the world. You just have to remember that god has a reason for you to be there. Whether it’s to win, learn or make memories to last a lifetime, you will find solace if you trust in his plan.

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts