So, You Didn’t Win Your State Title, Now What?

It is a rare thing in life to be amazing at something on your first try. I can’t even begin to tell you how many things I had failed at over and over again until finally I learned what I was doing. Especially when it comes to pageantry. I have seen beautiful amazing girls not win their state title because they weren’t sure what a platform was, or what direction they needed to take with their wardrobe. Does that mean that same girl can’t learn from her mistakes and come back next year and win the entire thing? I have two friends who competed for their state crowns 4 times before winning and both even made Top 10 at Miss International!

Buy the pageant DVD, read the notes or scores left for you from the judges. Reach out to the director and ask for her opinions on how you can prepare for next year! If I had given up the first time I had lost, or even the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th, I wouldn’t be Miss International. Like I’ve said before, my journey has wasn’t one full of crowns. I have really only won 3 pageants in my entire life. But I didn’t let not winning stop me, and you shouldn’t either!

Research not only previous year’s winners, but look at the national website and see what the trends are in wardrobe. I purchased the last 4 years of Miss International DVDs to prepare myself before competing! If you want to be the state titleholder bad enough, you will work the entire next year and leave no stone un-turned. That’s what separates the winner from the court.

Most state or country pageants give out local titles, so use the next year to really promote that local title like you would if you had won the state title! Do everything you said you were going to do in your interview. Then, when you come back next year, not only will you have a plethora of things to share with the judges, but your determination and perseverance will blow them away!

I am so so proud of each and every one of you that steps out onto those stages around the world! It is not an easy thing that we do, and it takes strong beautiful women! I am so happy to be a part of a system that truly embraces the world changers and the dreamers! If you believe you are destined to war the Miss International crown, then I challenge you right now, prove it to me. Take the next year and light a fire within yourself for the world to witness.

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts