Take Me Out to the Ball Game

I went out to the ball game to kick off the spring season at the Miracle League! Volunteering with this organization is one of my absolute favorite things to do.

I was able to serve as a buddy for players with disabilities that needed some help playing the game. The players are on different teams and play other teams each week throughout the fall and spring. I have been to the Miracle League and the Special Olympics enough that they the players and I now recognize each other. Making friends with these special athletes has been such a rewarding experience!





After each game the players line up and sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.” The staff had me lead the song this weekend! Even though my singing voice a little scary, it was still so fun!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts