College

For those of you who do not know, I am currently a Junior in High School, so college has been on my mind quite a bit. I have been asking myself “What college would be the best for me?” “What if I do not meet all of the requirements to even be accepted?” “What would be the major to suit what I want to do?” “Will I be prepared?” As a sixteen-year-old the thought of college can overwhelming and a little terrifying a times. First, we have to try our hardest to even receive an acceptance letter.

I have taken the ACT twice and I am planning on taking it a third time in December. Last week, I took the PSAT just for practice. Throughout my high school career I have worked hard to keep my grade point average up and our teachers have done a great job preparing us for college courses. This year I am taking honor classes as well as two college courses. I guess it is a good thing to have a little taste of college before you actually attend. My professors have told our class that in their eyes we are college students and that is how they treat us. Yes, the scholastic “prepping” is important in college education, but sometimes we can become too wrapped up in that, we miss the central part of prep, developmentally for life away at college.

The thought of leaving home forever does not seem real to me. I'll be looking back on my high school days wishing I could go back and relive those moments, but I can only look forward to what is in-store for me and all of my class mates as we separate into adulthood. Just remember that life does go on after high school and there is so many wonderful year of life awaiting all of us, so many things that can be accomplished!

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I'm possible.” -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts