From Shy to Mrs. International

Believe it or not, growing up I was a very shy and reserved person. Yes, I did every activity and was on every team from the time I can remember until I began college, but I was not one to walk up to someone and start a conversation. As long as I was in a group setting I felt ‘safe’. This is probably why the piano and I never clicked.

When I competed in my first, interview, pageant you can imagine how nervous I was. We knew the style of the interview and what most of our interview questions were going to be about, but how was I supposed to talk to an adult when I was still just a teenager and how was I going to make in through the interview portion without a “team” beside me? Luckily, I didn’t faint or go screaming and running from the room. I actually ended up winning the pageant.

After I gave up my first real title, I decided to compete again. Same thing, of course, happened. I was a nervous wreck, but I won that one too! I began to notice that I was totally fine on stage and was never nervous while I was up there, but rather just nervous about the interview portion of the pageant.

Fast forward a few more pageants and I am preparing for the title of a lifetime, Mrs. International 2015. Once again I knew the style of our interview, but I was extremely nervous about what and how to get across all of the information I wanted to share. Lucky for all of us, we have a wonderful sponsor and former Mrs. International 2006, Suzy Bootz to guide and prepare us! Suzy is one of the most kindhearted, genuine and easy to talk to person you will ever come across. I highly recommend working with her as she can give you the ins and outs of the International system. Also, check out her new (and super helpful) books, Creating Queens and Preparing the Mind to Win! www.suzybootz.com

Along with the help of the pros, prayers and honestly just trying to remember to stay calm I’m not that shy girl anymore. I feel like I can talk to anyone, even the President of the United States of America… even if it is only to tell him that I glisten.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts