Season of Gratitude

It is finally November which officially means that we are in the season of gratitude. This is one of my favorite times of each year. I love all of the decorations that come with Thanksgiving and Christmas, all of the food and especially being able to spend extra time with our families that live far away. This time of year is so very busy, but taking a moment to reflect on all of the good that we EACH have going on in our own lives is even more important.

For me, not only am thankful to be able to represent each of you and the International system, I am eternally thankful that my platform is one that my husband and I can do together. I’m sure some, if not all, of you know a veteran. In my experience, they tend to keep those memories (good or bad) locked away in the back of their mind. My husband was, and is, still one of those veterans. It wasn’t until I dove headfirst into competing for Texas and shortly after I won that he really started to open up about his experiences more and attend more veteran outings. Getting veterans around their brothers and sisters that have faced the same situations is so important. They need to be reminded that they are not alone and don’t have to face their return to civilian life alone. Even if that reentry to civilian life was 1 month, 1 year or 20 years down the road.


So for this, I am thankful. I am thankful that I have a supportive husband and one who encourages me. Because that same one is also the one who is benefiting from becoming Mr. International 2015, regardless of if he can see that right now or not.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts