What I'm Thankful For

Thanksgiving is a time to pause for just a moment. Most of the time my life is so busy and it seems like I am always rushing off from one thing to the other. I have to remind myself to take the time to stop and reflect on what I'm thankful for.

I could make a long list of all the big and small things I am thankful for because I am truly blessed, but I want to focus on just one thing today – my family. I can't wait wait to spend time with all of them this Thanksgiving. I know it will be full of good food, laughter, and catching up. They have supported me through everything in my life. From my mom and dad, whose unconditional love and guidance helps me in more ways than they will ever know, to my big brother and sister-n-law who are always just a phone call or text away, to my extended family of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins with whom I share the most wonderful memories. Two of my grandmothers are dealing with some health issues right now and I am so thankful that I am able to spend time with them and help them during this difficult time like they have always helped me. I am missing both of my grandfathers that went on to be with the lord several years ago, but I am forever thankful for the time that I had with them and will cherish those memories forever.

My challenge for all of you is to take a break from the turkey and think about what you're thankful for and share it with the special people in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.” - Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts