Do As I Say, Not As I Do

This year I have had many ladies reach out to me for advice on how to best prepare for competing in the International Pageants system. I love to help anyone I can and so I have given each person my take on what, in my opinion, it takes to be at your very best. Of course, I am not the end-all, be-all expert. This just stems from my own experiences and also from friends of mine who have helped me along with many others through their expertise.

Please be willing to do the work. Please. This is a job you are applying for, therefore you need to know what the duties are and make sure you are willing and able to fulfill those duties. There are others who will compete with you who would be MORE than willing to have the title and do a great job with it. I am always reminding myself of the outstanding women I spent time with at Mrs. Illinois and Mrs. International. Each would do a fabulous job and were each deserving of it. Plus, judging isn’t an easy position and I would never want to let down the people who put their faith in me to get out there and work.

With that said, here is a wonderful compilation of Mrs. Illinois International 2013 shot and edited by Tim Kretschmann of “Pageant Cast,” which is one of the only podcasts dedicated to the world of pageantry. As a fan and friend of Tim, I was so happy he was there to cover the entire weekend this past March and thrilled to see this video. It is always a great tool (even after the pageant) to see yourself in action. I know NOW I need to take a deep breath before speaking - especially when extremely nervous. I also need to not wink at the emcee (Mrs. International 2012). What was THAT about? May it offer you a glimpse into the different portions of an International pageant.


I will continue to offer my insight in hopes it will prepare you to be the best you. It doesn’t happen overnight. And with International, you need to really understand what the system is about. This is not a smoke and mirrors pageant or about who is the best looking or most fit. You need to work your platform in authentic ways. You don’t need to have been involved with an organization for years and years, but you must be dedicated to a cause beyond a piece of paper with broad statements. Judges will fact check and get a hold of reality. Anyway, instead of throwing everything at you at once, I will offer tidbits of information which may be of some help as you get ready to be a part of the most incredible experience and pageant system there is. It is so worth the effort!

Be the change!

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

www.pageantcast.com

Comments

  1. I actually enjoyed the wink you gave. It showed your personality.
    Angela Pable, Mrs. Boise International, 2014 (competing for Mrs. Idaho International March 15, 2014)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, spoke with passion, and did a great job! Fabulous advice to come to work. T there are many worse things than winking and apparently the judges (and everyone else I am sure) thought you did just fine!
    Christina Schlachter, PhD -- Mrs. Colorado International 2014

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts