New Year's Resolutions

A New Year is a perfect time to start making those little changes we know would make our lives easier, more productive, and more enriched. It’s so important to set goals and resolutions that are attainable when we look at our existing lifestyle and habits. By overreaching we can lose steam and make excuses too easily. This year I have made a list of four resolutions that I hope to adhere to for the next 12 months (and beyond!)

1) Wake up 15 minutes earlier than I have to each day. Too often I find myself rushing out the door feeling unprepared or like I forgot something. I want to have that extra time to feel put together and in control of the day ahead.

2) Connect with God each morning. My typical routine is to offer prayers before bed or in the middle of the day when it seems applicable. This year I want to remember to take the time to talk with God before I start my day. Thanking Him for another day and seeking his blessings and guidance.

3) Stretch more. I hear so many benefits to stretching: longer, leaner muscles, less prone to injury, and faster recovery rates for muscles between workouts/activity. Not to mention, stretching is a great way to get centered by focusing on your breathing and being aware of your body.

4) Cook a new meal once a week. My brother is a professional chef so I like to say he got all of the culinary skills from our gene pool. Plus, my schedule has been so jam packed the past few years that taking time to be adventurous in the kitchen was just not an option. I want to challenge myself to get creative, try some new recipes, or simply experiment with the meals that I create regularly.

What are your New Year’s Resolutions this year?

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts