Jacksonville Arrival

I found my way from chilly (okay, fa-reezing) Chicago, IL to Jacksonville, FL for the first Ride for Your Heart event in Jacksonville. It was also a chance to also lay eyes on where I would later pass on my title this summer.

After hearing so many incredible details about this coming July, I could barely stand the suspense! I have never been to Jacksonville. And now, I am surprised I had never been. The airport is clean and up to date and the baggage arrives quickly. After all the traveling I have done, I promise you these are important details.

The Omni hotel is lovely with great accommodations. I will tell you the rooms at night do not offer a ton of light, BUT the bathrooms have terrific lighting. The closet space is pretty standard. There is a full-length mirror on a wall. Things to keep in mind should you be a contetsant. And, ladies (and family and friends heading to JAX) it is directly across the street from the impressive Times Union Center where the pageant will be held.


This video does it little justice, but at least you can get a feel for the seating and staging of one of the theaters inside. They were so gracious and welcomed us to tour the building while its three large theaters were in performance.


Jesse (Miss International) and I decided the best way to try out some of the local restaurants in one evening was to try a bit of each at The Jacksonville Landing which is across the street as well. Given a very early wake up the next morning, we sampled a little bit of a little bit including Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub.

Stuffed mushrooms and a giant crab cake from Vito’s Italian Café.

Nachos Supreme from Cinco de Mayo.

But I was also given some great recommendations from a Go Red board member. If you are going to take the time to travel, why not explore? And both of these areas are said to only be a few miles away from the hotel.

San Marco: Taverna, Bistro AIX and European Street Café

Avondale: The Brick, Orsay and Black Sheep

Be the change,

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

Comments

Popular Posts