JDRF Journey to a Cure Gala

I have become so close with the Western NY JDRF office, staff, and mission as my cousin Heather and her son Brandon are directly affected by Type 1 Diabetes. I have been looking forward to volunteering at the 14th annual Journey to a Cure Black-Tie gala for months as I have heard such wonderful things about the event and joined the committee for planning. It is in the top 3 of all fundraising nights in the entire Western NY area.

I had two assignments for the evening, the first was greeting all of the guests that arrived and guide them towards coat check and registration. I LOVE greeting because you really interact with every single person that attends. They ask questions like “What is Miss International”?, “What is your connection to T1D”?, among many others. My second task was to be an auction spotter. In a room of over 650 people we were scattered throughout the room and our job was to call attention to bidders for the sake of the auctioneer and those processing bid winner information.

Overall the night raised over $410,000 towards finding a cure for T1D. Hearing the young people who live with diabetes share with the audience about how difficult the day-to-day can be, but how they are not defined by their condition hits home for why there is such a need to find a cure.

At my post, ready to meet and greet the attendees of the Journey To A Cure gala!

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts