ReFashionista Planning Meeting

Last year I teamed up with the Salvation Army to introduce a new event called the ReFashionista Challenge. Western NY has so many educational programs for fashion and design, so the event encouraged designers (and creative individuals of all experience-levels) to venture into any Salvation Army Thrift Store, find some interesting pieces, and repurpose them into something fabulous. Entrants were judged by industry professionals based on creativity, construction, fit, and the transformation of the original items.

The winner of the ReFashionista Challenge will receive a trip to NYC to meet with established fashion industry professionals for design and career guidance – pretty awesome if you ask me! This year’s event will take place on March 4th and I am glad to announce that I will be a co-emcee again this year. I think it will be SO cool to be able to revisit this event and share my “big” crown with the audience that knew me first as Miss New York International.

At the planning meeting for the event we discussed strengths of last year’s event and how we can build to make it even better. We brainstormed positive and effective exhibitors to make the experience even richer for guests, and also how we will work with local media to promote it. Looking forward to the big day!

Presenting last year’s winner along with CW Star and my co-emcee, Matt Snyder.

Event Flyer for the 2014 ReFashionista Challenge!

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts