Survivor Gallery Unveiling for Go Red for Women

I was so happy to attend the 2014 Arkansas Survivor Gallery Unveiling for Go Red For Women this past week.


It was wonderful to support and celebrate all of the women who have conquered heart disease. I had the opportunity to meet ten amazing and inspiring women who tell their heart story to raise awareness and save Arkansas women from their No. 1 killer.


The ceremony consisted of several speakers, including the First Lady Ginger Beebe. Each of the women being honored were brought out one at a time and her story of triumph was told. The women ranged from every age to every shape and size, showing proof that heart disease does not discriminate in women.


The youngest of the survivors, Brooklyn Loring, is merely four years old.



My favorite part of the day was speaking with a young lady who has the same heart disease as my father and being able to relate to her. Well… that, and casually running into the Governor on the way out. That was pretty swell too!

I love these events because of the empowerment that comes with them. These women are not letting a heart condition slow them down and it’s inspiring to see that.

All my love,

Haley Rose Pontius

Comments

  1. You sure are mature beyond your years! I am always impressed by the way you conduct yourself & the compassion you show! I hope you were successful in helping many women to be proactive with their health!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts