Clarity on a Career Path

Recently my dad took my older sister and I to Dallas, Texas to take the Johnson O’Connor Aptitude Test! If you had asked me a year ago I was dead set on pursuing a degree in the medical field to become a doctor one day. However, this past year I have reevaluated and realized that this isn't necessarily the best career for me.

I was so excited to take this test because it isn't really a test, it is an evaluation of the takers’ natural tendencies and strengths. The results were extremely beneficial! It told me a lot about what I was born good at doing, careers that I would thrive in, what kind of settings I would perform the best in, and things that were not necessarily my strengths.

I am so excited to share that I will be majoring in Marketing and Corporate Relations and minoring in Journalism this fall at the University of Mississippi! I was able to head back to Oxford for orientation to make my schedule, and I am now officially a Rebel!

For anyone unsure of what career path you want to take, I highly recommend this examination, even if you have already begun college! They have locations all over the US. I am so thrilled to see what the future holds after my reign as I begin my college career!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts