Respect and Following Rules

Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to touch base on the subject of respect and how it can pertain to your time at nationals.

It is extremely important that you pay attention whenever pageant staff is speaking and giving direction, They are there for your benefit. I have seen girls not pay attention when directions are given out and then make a mistake during the show when they should have known what to do. You are only hurting yourself.

Please be on time (15 min early) to all appearances or meetings. It is very disrespectful to all of the other contestants and pageant officials to have to wait on you. We are on a very tight schedule at nationals and you don’t want to be the contestant the makes everybody else late!

Pay attention to your spot in line for the show, whether you are contestant number 6 or 32 it is imperative that you stay in the correct order. The last thing you want to do is walk out on stage when they are saying someone else’s name. I actually had this happen to me at my very first state pageant, not only was I embarrassed, but I was scared and nervous it was going to hurt my score. Needless to say, I didn’t win the pageant.

Please be kind to all of the staff and volunteers who are helping during nationals week! They are there to make sure you have an unforgettable experience and to help the pageant run smoothly.

During pageant week, stress can be at an all-time high, so it is easy to lose track of time or snap at someone when you didn’t mean to. I know you are all wonderful ladies and would never be disrespectful on purpose. I can’t wait for you all to have the experience of a lifetime! See you soon!

Ignite your spark!

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts