Sweet Students and Even Sweeter Memories

These past few weeks have been extremely bittersweet as I visited three final elementary schools before they let out for summer. As I reflect on the goals I set for myself the first week of my reign as Miss Teen International 2014, the first was about how I could have a strong impact on students’ health by promoting Fuel Up to Play 60 in schools, and I am proud to have worked very hard to do so.

I am extremely thankful for the support, resources, and guidance I received from the leaders of FUTP60 this year. This organization has had a tremendous impact on my life, and being a 2014 Student Ambassador was a dream come true!

My heart breaks as it begins to sink in that I will no longer be the “pretty princess” that young students adore. The crown and sash have given me a loud, strong voice to speak out about the dangers of obesity and have allowed me to be an example and role model in children’s lives. My most cherished memories of the year are definitely with these sweet little ones.

Some of the funniest and sweetest things that have been asked of me this year are below:

“Do you live in a castle?”

“Is your crown made of REAL diamonds?”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” When answered yes, I got lots of varying responses!

“Can you stay forever? I don’t want you to leave.”

“Why do you get to wear this?” Pointing to the sash. It never gets old explaining the International Pageant System!

When playing soccer with a group of fourth grades, one little girl was so impressed she yellow, “Dang, princess! You go girl!”

“When will you be back to see us?” Served with some big puppy dog eyes.

And my favorite: “Are you the president?!”


These cuties wanted autographs not just on my photo but on their arms, then they wanted to sign my arms, too. Thank goodness it was erasable marker!


The pre-k students might not be the best at taking pictures but they definitely ask the funniest questions!

This is the game that led to the soccer quote, ha!

The selfie stick was always a hit!

Thank you to the all of the students I have met for all of the amazing memories! I will cherish them forever. I am sad this school year has come and gone, but I am so thankful for the opportunities I had to interact with hundreds of students throughout my reign!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts