More Than Just One Prize

Hello ladies, I just wanted to say how proud I am of each and every single one of you, every single day I am logged onto social media I am seeing photos on contestants in every category out volunteering, and making a difference with their platforms! Each and every single one of you, whether you have a brand new platform or have been doing it for years is representing the International pageant system and yourselves so well! With that being said, I hope you are all documenting the journey that you are on. These are the moments you are going to remember for the rest of your lives. Only one girl will walk away with the crown, but I want all of you to realize that the crown isn't the only prize.

When I competed for Miss International 2013 I didn't win the pageant, but I learned so much about myself and didn't quit after I didn't win. I made friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. I met girls from around the world who shared fun candies with me from their countries, I saw the most beautiful gowns I had ever laid eyes on, I was able to step foot on a national stage and feel confident in my own skin.

I spent about a week or so reflecting after the pageant and couldn't think of a think I would have changed. I had the time of my life, and I didn't win. Not winning was one of the best things that could have happened to me, it made me realize how much more work I needed to do with my platform. I needed to expand my efforts and find more original and memorable things to do to stand out.

If you do not come home with the crown, do not worry, it is not the end! You have the wonderful opportunity to come back and try again. Please do not think that one pageant competition defines you, you are so much more than what one set of judges who met you for 5 minutes thinks. If you decide to come back, start the very next day. Reach deeper into your platform, train harder at the gym, work harder on your walk and onstage presentations. Show the world how bad you want and deserve the title and that nothing will stop you.

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts