Know Your Stuff - Research

I cannot fully express how incredibly important it is for you to know your stuff before the International Pageants this summer! You may be thinking, “What in the world does that mean?” so let’s break it down.
  • It is very important for you to know the answer to the following questions:
  • Who is the current titleholder in your division?
  • What is her platform?
  • What is the national platform of the Int’l Pageant system? (Don’t just state the answer, explain it.)
  • What are Go Red For Women’s Life’s Simple 7?
  • How can you connect your platform with GRFW? For some contestants this will be much easier than others!
I also recommend familiarizing yourself with some of our former titleholders in all divisions and looking at a photo of them. I would also make sure you could respond if a judge asked you who your favorite MTI was! (Hint: don’t say a current titleholder unless you have a very legitimate reason such as a common platform, etc.)

I remember spending hours on my laptop familiarizing myself with the system, researching the American Heart Association, and knowing my platform inside and out. I don’t recommend memorizing answers to these questions, but it is good to know the information prior to your interview! Good luck ladies!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts