Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis

Being a part of 2015 Take Steps for Crohn’s and Colitis Walk was such an honor! I was able to lead the walk and sign autographs at the pre-show.

I had a blast seeing the cheerleaders and basketball players from my elementary alma mater- Jefferson Elementary! It was also great catching up with local news anchor, Craig O’Neil. He even offered me an internship a couple of years from now!

I know several people that are affected by these diseases, so being about to see them, hear their stories, and help raise awareness for Crohn’s and Colitis was so special.

One of my teachers, Mr. Olson, has been diagnosed with this disease and was the Honored Hero for the event, but his illness kept him from attending. Please keep Mr. Olson and everyone that suffers from these diseases in your prayers. I truly hope that we soon find a cure!

Check out the video below for highlights of my time at the Take Steps walk, featuring my favorite toy- the selfie stick!


I encourage every queen to get involved with local charity walks. It is an extremely rewarding experience!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts