Dralion - Cirque Du Soleil

 
As you all know, I am a lover of the arts. That includes performance art. For my mom's birthday this year we went to the Cirque Du Soleil performance in Minneapolis. I was so excited! I had heard many great things but I had never seen a show in person. We headed into the theater equipped with mini donuts and peanuts, ready for the show! The inside of the theater was decorated with large stage sets, unique lighting, and tribal markings.


Each Cirque Du Soleil performance has a different theme. This year’s theme was “A harmonious blend of Eastern and Western acrobatic prowess”. It was a blend of multicultural music and costumes. Each performance was more extravagant and dramatic than the next. There were performances that left me so in awe I kept asking my mom, how does someone become good at that? How do you pick up a talent like ribbon acrobatics?


My favorite was the act where a woman came down from the ceiling on a large metal ring. She did death-defying acrobatics and if I could choose any job in the Cirque Du Soleil circus that would be it! They also had people running on top of large sphere balls, trampoline acts, extreme juggling, gymnastics, and an entire pyramid of people jump rope. If you are interested in experiencing a one of a kind performance, I highly recommend this production. There are tons of You Tube videos as well.

Here is a clip form the show I saw:
http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/dralion/default.aspx?splash=http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/dralion/media/official-video.aspx


After the show we enjoyed a lovely birthday dinner at the Rock Bottom Brewery. My mom got a giant chocolate cupcake for desert! Happy Birthday Mama Wanous! The best mom there ever could be!

Krista Wanous

Comments

Popular Posts