Emceeing the Maple Grove Fashion Show

 
I was the emcee at the 2012 Back to School Fashion Show. As much as I love volunteering, it is fun when I get to switch up my normal routine of public speaking or fundraising and do something a little more glamorous. The night before the show we had a big rehearsal. First, the senior citizens strutted their stuff down the runway in the latest fall trends and fashions. The Fountains at Arbor Lakes Mall sponsored all the clothing and accessories.

I had a ball with the seniors! They were so excited to be on the runway and wanted to make sure they did everything just right. I took some time to introduce myself and show them a few of my moves. Not that I am anything like a runway model but hey, I’ve got a mean pivot turn! After rehearsing with 40 seniors, it was the younger crowds chance. We had young women from elementary, junior high, and high school all working the runway in the cutest back to school fall trends. There were lots of cute flats paired with leggings or colored denim and always accessorized to the max!


The girls did such a great job at rehearsal and the final show. I was so proud of them! I was very shy at their age and would never attempt to be in a fashion show with all those big spotlights on me! But these brave young women weren’t scared at all! I had a great time behind the podium describing all the outfits and watching the girls work the crowd. We raffled off a few prizes donated by the local community businesses and ended the night by handing out flowers to each of the participants and taking photos outside. What a fabulous and fun filled night!

Krista Wanous

Comments

Popular Posts