Wedding Survival Guide

 
I am sure many of you were just like me, as the summer was winding down, the weddings were winding up!  August is wedding season. Over the past month I had a wedding, or two, every single weekend. Not to mention, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and lost of shopping for the right gifts. For all of you wedding goers, or wedding crashers, I have compiled a list of dos, don’ts, and must haves for your next wedding celebration.

Attire: I always have a hard time decided what to wear to a wedding. It should be something conservative, not too flashy so you don’t take away from the bride, but also romantic and sweet. What is not sweet is being able to see your underwear through your skirt. Make sure you have on a basic great fitting nude thong. Victoria’s Secret makes the perfect pair. Stand in front of a sunlit window or a bright light and have a friend look. If you can see your undies when the light shines through your skirt, you are in trouble. You do not want grandma and grandpa in the pew behind you getting a peak when you bend over to tie your shoe. That reminds me, make sure your skirt isn’t too short. Be comfortable at a wedding, not hoochie. Save the mini skirt for the club. A wedding is a time to look sophisticated and classy, no matter what your age.


Make sure you have on the right shoes. This is not the time to wear your highest stilettos. Between the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and dancing, you are going to be on your feet for hours. Give them a break and go with a lower heel. Your feet will thank you, and you will be able to dance all night long. I often wear a wedge if the wedding is outdoors or I know I will be walking in grass.

In your purse: Bring small items. There is nothing worse than lugging a big heavy purse around all day. Bring mints or gum. Nobody likes bad breath.

Bring an I.D. even if you don’t plan on drinking. I always pack a credit card and cash incase I need a cab home or need to tip coat check.

Bring a camera. You will want to capture special moments during the night that the professional photographer may have missed.


Every girl needs her beauty essentials. Blotting papers and powder are a quick and easy way to touch up for pictures after the dance floor. Bring lipstick and gloss to touch up after dinner. I always pack a hair tie and a small hair spray to throw my hair up after dinner. I hate when my hair starts to get sticky on my back and shoulders. A sleek pony looks classy and fun and is really easy to do in a hurry.

Last but not least, I always wear a watch to a wedding. You do not want to be the one walking in late to a wedding ceremony!

Krista Wanous

Comments

Popular Posts