The Perfect Face

One of my first appearances as Miss New York International at a very public blood drive gave me a real wake-up call.  It went well enough. I mixed and mingled, took photos with fans and attendees, manned my assigned stations to make donors feel at ease, and spoke in great lengths about the International Pageant System and Volunteerism.

As it was time for me to leave I was shaking hands and thanking the staff and one of the coordinators, a man, said to me “I didn’t think you looked the part when you walked in, but seeing you in action and hearing you speak I can tell you are very deserving of your crown”.  While it is a compliment that I proved myself with substance, it was a lesson to me – never take your role as a “beauty queen” lightly.  Since that day my mission has always been to be the most glamorous woman in the room with the warmest heart.

While every aspect of a make-up routine is important there are three things I find most essential to elevate my look from a nice Saturday evening dinner out to titleholder appearance that I now NEVER skip: Lip Liner, Eyelashes, Eyebrow Definition.  The eyes and lips are the focal points of every face so it’s important that they are emphasized (but not exaggerated… save that for the stage).

Lips: With all the smiling, talking, and laughing titleholders do, a soft yet defined lip is a beautiful thing.  If this is a new trick to you, play it safe and draw your line right where your lip meets your skin.  I usually blend my liner inward for a more seamless look when I add my lip color.  My two favorite Clay Spann combinations are: Whisper liner and Nude Beach color or Paradise liner and Bubble Gum color for brighter looks.  Finish off with a clear lip glass.

Eyes: Eyelashes are not always fun and they take lots of practice (at least they did for me).  I typically use lashes that will build up my volume as opposed to my length to keep the look as natural as possible, but again giving that amped up glam that will make your eyes pop.

I was amazed the difference that defining my eyebrows made for my overall appearance.  The adjective that comes to mind most is “polished”.  It just pulls everything together. I use a brow gel and Clay Spann Brow Definer in “Soft Brown” to ensure they always look neat and sleek.

All ready for the camera – decked out in my Clay Spann cosmetics!

Practice, practice, practice!

Seek Happiness,

Jesse Ladoue
Miss International 2013

Comments

Popular Posts