“Believe You Can and You’re Halfway There!”


I am a firm believer in positive thinking. Living in such a negative world, the last thing we need is to be swamped in our own negative thoughts. It can be difficult to stay focused on the positive when there are so many ways to get stuck in the negativity, however positive thinking is what is needed in moving forward with life goals and dreams.

I was recently asked why I decided to come out of “pageant retirement” in order to compete for Miss Texas International earlier this year. Deep down I knew that I was supposed to be Miss Texas, and I worked really hard to achieve that goal in another pageant system. When it did not come to pass, I remember praying to God, “Why did you give me a dream that you wouldn’t fulfill?”. For a year and a half, I wondered if I had heard God wrong when I felt Him tell me years ago that I was going to be Miss Texas. So when I learned about the International system, I was hesitant at first as I did not want to get emotionally invested just to have my dream crushed again. I prayed about it and decided that this was a pageant system that felt right along with the values that I uphold. When I won Miss Texas International, I remember looking up towards God thanking Him for fulfilling a dream that I had wanted for so long…I just had to wait on His timing.

If you have something that you are believing in, do not get discouraged just because it has not happened yet. Often times the timing is not right yet or there may be something better for you. I encourage you to stay positive and to continue to believe in the dreams that you have. Do not let anyone talk you out of something God has put in your heart. Had I done that, I would have missed out on a dream of a lifetime!

Continue to follow your dreams!

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts