Keeping the Germs Away

I don’t know about ya’ll, but our house has been coughing since October is seems like. Just when one of the kids is starting to feel better, the next one starts to get sick and so on. Then, Justin gets sick (and all you ladies know that our husbands “always have it worse than the kids did” … right?). I’m thankful that, knock on wood, I haven’t had anything more than a scratchy throat for a day or two.

A few weeks ago, one of the boys tested positive for strep and the flu. Luckily, no one else caught it. I was super nervous because I haven’t had time to get my flu shot this year, everyone else had theirs back in October. Isn’t it always the mamas (or if you aren’t a mom, the women in general) that slack on taking care of themselves?

One thing I never forget to do, however, is take my vitamins every single day. I put them in the cabinet where I keep our coffee supplies because I know I won’t forget to have coffee. I also started using essential oils last year. I still have mixed opinions about if they really work or not, but they smell so good! I have a few of my favorite go to’s in my makeup bag in my purse that I can easily roll on my wrist or behind my ears for whatever ailment I am starting to feel. I also diffuse them in our home. The kids love to smell it and want to know about each oil that I add. Eating right, although I know it can be hard, is important to staying healthy as well.


HERE is a link to the CDC on the prevention of spreading germs.

What have you been doing this winter season to keep the germs at bay? I would love to hear if you have any tried and true remedies to staying healthy.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts