Pull for Ronald McDonald House

My platform is volunteerism and my favorite organization for which I volunteer is Ronald McDonald House. I live in a rural area where the nearest RMH chapter is an hour drive, so the best way I get involved daily, is saving the tabs off of coke cans. I spread the word first to my family. We have a small paper house given to us by Ronald McDonald House that we keep by the trash can in our kitchen specifically for pop tabs. When it is full I empty it into a plastic bag and keep filling it up. Then I spread the word to my community. I recently delivered eleven gallons of pop tabs to Ronald McDonald House of Arkansas just from my community alone! Isn't it crazy how four words can go a long way? Save your pop tabs!




Now, the kindergarten class of the school I have been attending for ten years is collecting pop tabs for me to deliver. Anyone and everyone can join in this effort and share in that wonderful feeling one gets when helping others. Nothing makes me happier than the fact that I am actually making an impact. The basis of my platform while preparing for the state and national competition was “Even the smallest gesture can make a huge impact!” Now I am proof that this statement is so true! I ask you to remember all of the children being treated in children' hospitals around the world who are calling Ronald McDonald House their home, and remember the families of those children who are just trying to find a cure while helping their child fight through their treatments the next time you drink out of a can. It will just take a second to pull the tab and collect them one by one. Remember, the smallest gesture can make a huge impact!






“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.” - Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts