CARTI

On November 20th I had a great time volunteering at the CARTI Festival of Fashion show in Little Rock. CARTI stands for Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute. It was a lovely event, attracting boutiques from all four corners of Arkansas. The audience was full of sponsors and cancer survivors. CARTI has been giving world-class cancer treatments to patients all across Arkansas for nearly forty years. Cancer is a family disease. Almost everyone can say they have been affected by cancer whether they were diagnosed personally or they are a family member or friend of a loved one fighting cancer.




I was so proud to be part of this event. I enjoyed helping them out and knowing that I may have made the slightest difference in a cancer patient's life. They have invited me to participate in the show again next year and I am looking forward to being a part of this incredible fundraiser. This event is significant in Arkansas, but I know that there are cancer treatment centers in every state that need help as well. A fashion show is a great way to have fun while getting involved, so maybe you can create a fundraiser fashion show for an event that is important to you or get involved if one already exists in your area!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.”- Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts