Cupcakes & Sisters


As I begin the new year I want to share a little about a role model in my life. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to spend more time with loved ones and I was so excited to get to spend several wonderful days with my amazing sister-in-law, Mallory, over the holidays. I have a great brother, but when he married Mallory, I finally had the sister I always wanted. She has so many wonderful qualities but her thoughtfulness is her most special. She is so talented and can bake anything from scratch but her gourmet cupcakes are my favorite. Mallory shared one of her favorite recipes with me while she was visiting for the holidays and gave me permission to share it with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Mallory’s Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes with Honey Infused Cream Cheese Frosting

Dry Ingredients:                                              Liquid Ingredients:

3 cups sugar                                                       3 eggs

2 ¾ cup flour                                                      1 ½ cup buttermilk

1 1/8 cup cocoa powder                                     ¾ cup vegetable oil

1 tsp. salt                                                             2 tsp. vanilla (Mallory uses Mexican vanilla)
                                                                            1 ¼ cup strong warm coffee

Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. Mix eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla until combined in mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients mix alternating with coffee to egg mixture. Mix just until combined, don’t over mix. Batter will be runny. Pour batter into cups and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.

Frosting Recipe:

1 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature

1 stick of butter at room temperature

¾ tsp. vanilla

2 T. honey (Mallory uses honey from her Dad’s bee hives….YUMMY!)

Powdered sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and honey until combined. Add powdered sugar slowly until it forms a firm peak consistency. Pipe on to cool cupcakes and then sprinkle with clear sanding sugar or lightly drizzle with honey.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible.”- Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts