Day 2 in Montrose

Game on! But, first…a few words about CASA

Hello from magnificent Montrose! Day 2 in Colorado began with the CASA dodgeball tournament. It quadrupled in size over this past year, so there were plenty of teams and costumed get-ups. It was going to be an entertaining day to say the least!

Outside the tournament with some of the CASA staff and volunteers.

With some of the fiercest competitors.

Later in the day I was able to shoot some promos for CASA of the 7th Judicial District. They will air throughout the next year and so I was more than happy to help beyond the trip.


We then changed clothes and were guests for a luncheon at the beautiful Bridges Golf and Country Club. Just before lunch, I was able to sit and talk privately with someone who has been a great supporter of CASA along with other child-focused organizations. She made SUCH an impact on me. I will share her story in another post, as it truly deserves its own time.

Then it was time to fly home. It’s hard to explain if you have never experienced it, but it’s unique to find a city so well connected with those who live there. Everyone I met is so proud of their beautiful home. And I will admit there were tears shed by Stacey and me as we said goodbye. Stacey Ryan, you are a gem. Thank you for inviting me to come visit and for arranging every last detail of the trip. Karen Tuttle, you have an incredible program in the 7th Judicial District. Brian Brinkerhoff, CASA in Colorado is so lucky to have you at the helm. To the CASA volunteers I met…I thank you for standing up for the children you serve. AND to Tim, Tammy, John, Cayden, Tyra, Abby and EVERYONE who was a part of this wonderful weekend in Montrose, I thank you for being so welcoming and so wonderful. I will hold a very special place in my heart for you and sing your praises to others in need of a little piece of heaven. XOXOX

Be the change!

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

www.CASA7JD.org
www.CityofMontrose.org
www.CASAforChildren.org

Comments

Popular Posts