Harvest of Hope

I had the pleasure of attending the Muscular Dystrophy Association Annual Harvest of Hope to benefit research and development for ALS. I must say that it was the most organized and effective use of volunteers I have ever seen. I will also add that many volunteers found out about the event on my favorite resource, VolunteerMatch, of course!!

All volunteers arrived early to attend a brief meeting and to get our assignments. Each person had a specific duty throughout the duration, from monitoring the silent and live auctions or helping serve guests delicious refreshments, which made for a smooth-running event and busy, effective volunteers. I teamed up with my new friends Bill and Glory and to sell raffle tickets for a donated iPad.

I was happy to attend such an uplifting, fun, and organized event for a terrific cause. A few of my Miss International sisters had the platform of either MDA or ALS so any time I can offer my support to them (even indirectly) my heart feels extra full.


Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts