MS Society Fundraiser

Some people will just always hold a special place in your heart. My very first judge in the International Pageant system is one of those people. Until that point, I had only ever participated in panel-style interviews so I was terrified to sit a foot away from a person and try to win them over. Those nerves melted away only moments after I sat down across from Mary Moulds, Mrs. New Jersey International 2009. I did not know who she was then, all I knew was how well our conversation flowed and how natural it was to laugh with her. (I jumped up and down when I saw her headshot in Dothan, AL on Clay Spann’s studio wall!)

I am now so proud to say that she is a very special part of my “pageant family”. When I found out she was hosting her annual MS Fundraiser in Princeton, New Jersey, without hesitation I added it to my calendar. MS is an immune system attack against the nervous system which causes nerve impulses traveling to the brain or spinal cord to be distorted or interrupted. This is something that Mary lives with every day and has for 12 years. She has proven to be a true asset to the entire MS community, raising over $85,000 (and that was BEFORE this year’s event!).

She surprised me (and brought tears to my eyes!) when she announced that I was one of the recipients of her very special volunteer awards. (I’m used to giving these not receiving them!) I had a wonderful conversation with Karen and Jim, executives for the New Jersey Metro Chapter of the MS Society and how much they value their volunteers. It was a wonderful night to celebrate Mary’s accomplishments and fundraising goals with my pageant family. I was so happy to be a part of it.

With Mary and Jim Roberts, Chapter President, upon receiving my award.

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts