Thanksgiving

My family and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving. And may you not end the day looking like this turkey!

Tom the turkey.

Actually, my son created this masterpiece at school last week. Now “Tom,” will forever be part of our holiday. He reminds me of the years I spent working on Thanksgiving as so many others do every fourth Thursday in November. The news never stops and so for more than ten years, we news crews would use studio kitchens to heat or re-heat (depending on breaking news) the traditional turkey dinner. One year, in Indianapolis, we realized just before the 5pm newscast that a turkey dropped off for us was a barely thawed bird. Oops. More pie please! Still, we were a mini-family, a bit dysfunctional at times, but we surrounded each other as friends on that day.

With that said, I am thankful for being able to spend the day with my loved ones. Our thoughts are with everyone serving our country away from home and to those spending the day working so they can afford to put food on their table.

May we always be grateful in the heart for all the blessings that surround us!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

Comments

Popular Posts