Veterans Day Parade

To celebrate Veterans Day last weekend I had the opportunity to ride in the Veterans Day parade in Little Rock, AR with Mrs. Arkansas International, Quynci Joyner, and Miss Arkansas International, Mollie Parker. I was so excited because I absolutely love parades and I think it was a lovely way to honor our troops! The parade was complete with fire trucks, veterans, and a marching band playing the national anthem as we paraded down the highway.


To me Veterans Day is one of the most important holidays that we celebrate because it’s a day to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. Because of this I was thrilled to be able to take part in this event!


Though, I must say, the highlight of my day was hearing all of the children on the sidewalk yell things like “Are those real diamonds?”, “Are you a real princess?”, and “Is that your car?” It never gets old!


And, of course, a big thanks to the Capital City Corvette Club for allowing me to ride in one of your beautiful convertibles!

All my love,

Haley Pontius 
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts