JDRF Gala Committee

A few weeks ago I met with the Western New York JDRF office to learn about their initiatives and offer my support to their efforts. JDRF has been the leader in the search for a cure for Type 1 Diabetes for over 40 years. Last year I attended a fashion show in Syracuse, NY to benefit JDRF and just a few days later my then 2-year old cousin, Zachary was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It just goes to show you that you never know when something will hit close to home.

Each year they host a black-tie gala in Buffalo and over the last 13 years it has grown into one of the top-three fundraising events in the area. I was thrilled when they invited me to be a member of the planning committee for this year’s event. I attended my first meeting and wow! was I blown away at the dedication of the committee members. The committee chair, Jane, has been spearheading the event for 14 years, since her daughter was diagnosed. The other members are equally as devoted to finding a cure. What is most inspiring is that their crusade is so much more than about a personal connection, but about finding a cure to prevent other families from enduring the same struggles.

We put our heads together to discuss auction item ideas, potential sponsors and donations, and other innovative ideas to make the event on January 18th as successful as possible!

The poster for this year’s Visions Of A Cure JDRF Gala

Seek Happiness,

Jesse

Comments

Popular Posts