More Detail: Dancing Through the Pain Classes

Hello Everyone! Today I wanted to share a little more detail about my Dancing Through the Pain Program! Since everyone is different and has different levels of pain, each class is tailored to the audience when I get there and access the abilities of the participants. However, here are the basic outlines of the the classes in different locations! If you have any questions, leave a comment below or feel free to reach out to me via social media or email!

Dancing Through the Pain in Classrooms:

One of my favorite things about my program is how versatile it is. I am willing to teach one of my classes to children of all ages. So far I have taught in classrooms from Kindergarten to eighth grade.

First I talk to the kids about why I am there. I explain my story and listen to theirs.
Next I get the kids on their feet!
After stretching, exercising, and learning the basic ballet positions, I show the kids the different types of clothing and shoes we wear.
Finally I have the kids stretch one last time before they sit down and ask questions!

Dancing Through the Pain in Nursing Homes :

My nursing home classes are my most popular classes! This class features:

Light stretching and exercises that relieve and strengthen muscles.
Incorporation of fun dance moves and positions during the class.
I also explain in more detail my story and how dance can be used as a lighter and exciting style of exercise!

Dancing Through the Pain in Hospitals:

One of my favorite places to do my classes are in hospitals. The kids really love it, and the parents do too. You do not realize that you are getting exercise!

Light stretching that helps to loosen muscles
Everyone becomes dancer as we learn all 5 basic ballet positions!
The sharing of my story and experiences along with the benefits of dance and a positive attitude

I hope this helps answer some of the questions I have been receiving! If you are interested in having me teach a class in your area, feel free to reach out. This may sound cheesy, but teaching these classes is one of my favorite things to do.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin

Comments

Popular Posts