Spray Tanning

Spray tanning is a safer alternative to UV tanning and is commonly used in pageantry. I am a huge fan of spray tans and you can guarantee I will be spray tanned at almost any given moment of pageant week!

I recommend spraying before you arrive in Florida, so you can show up looking sun kissed and you’ll have the entire week for it to fade! Then I would recommend spraying after interviews (You do not want to be too tan for your interview with the judges) that way you can be nice and dark for prelims and finals!

I actually spray tanned a third time after prelims and before finals because I was told by my friends and family that the stage lights in Jacksonville were very strong and my tan needed to be darker! I did resemble an oompa loompa up close, but the tan looked gorgeous and perfect onstage!

See how light my tan looks onstage? It was extremely dark in person! But again, I waited until after interview to make my tan darker!

Since it is Florida in the summer, you will want to make sure you stay hydrated so your tan lasts and doesn’t crack! Drink plenty of water and moisturize as much as possible! But do not worry too much if your tan does crack, remember you are onstage, the judges won’t notice those tiny things!

When you get home you can exfoliate in the shower the remove the tan evenly. If there are areas that do not seem to want to come clean, you can mix lemon juice and sugar and scrub away!

I can’t wait to see all of you beautiful girls in just a few months!

Ignite your spark,

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts