Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Seminar

Little did I know that submitting an application for a leadership conference in December of 2012 would change the course of my life for the better. I was selected to attend the Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Seminar in April of 2013 as the representative from my school, and this conference has had a tremendous impact on my life.

The seminar taught me about how effective leaders are role models, showed me how important volunteering and serving others is, and helped me regain the confidence I had lost while being bullied my sophomore year. HOBY propelled me toward success in my pageant career and in many other aspects of my life.

I was able to share this in much greater detail at the 2015 HOBY Seminar. For the past two years I have been able to return to the conference as a member of the Junior Counselor staff to guide younger ambassadors on their leadership journeys, and being able to speak to them as Miss Teen International was an opportunity I will never forget.


I have made some of my best friends through HOBY! The JC’s are some of the most driven, compassionate, and fun people I know. We can be separated for a year and pick right back up where we started the year before. They have been so supportive on my pageant journey and I am so thankful for them!


Each year we have a theme for the counselors, and this year we were HOBY Heroes! My friend Jayla and I dressed up as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy from Spongebob Squarepants. It was a blast!!


I look forward to many more years of service with HOBY. I cannot adequately describe how appreciative I am for the organization that shaped me into the leader I am today!


If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair WortsmithMiss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts